Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Generation of Warriors

Not being a huge (or even slight) Joe Biden fan, it is a bit strange that a comment of his would be the one that has resonated the most with me this weekend.  He said in a speech at the memorial in Shankesville, PA that 9/11 galvanized a “generation of warriors”.  I have had the pleasure over the past ten years to know many of these warriors. I have taught their children and lived next door to them. I have been best friends with their wives and celebrated birthdays with their children.  I am blessed to have known each of them, and am forever thankful for their sacrifice.  They are the generation of warriors. They are the men and women who voluntarily stepped forward to defend our nation at a time when we needed them the most. 


As I have watched the coverage of the memorials over the last few days, and seen again those horrible images of the devastation and destruction in New York and Washington DC, I have really been reminded of what I think we were all reminded of as the sun set on September 11, 2001.  Life is fragile, and can be taken from us so quickly and without any notice.
As a crazy busy working wife and mother to three little children, September 11, 2011 has been a day for me to remember what I am working so hard for, what I am most proud of, and what is clearly the most important thing to me....being a mom to these three amazing little people!


They are my hope for a better, brigher, and happier tomorrow!







 

No comments: