Saturday, September 17, 2011

Eight Wheels and So Much Fun!

These last two weekends have had one thing in common....roller skating! Last Sunday, Aiden had a Cub Scout meeting where the boys learned about roller skating (from a local roller derby expert who happens to live in our neighborhood and teach at their school! ) and had the chance to practice skating in order to earn their skating belt loop.


The boys are getting their skating lesson from "Violet Seizure" from the Savannah Derby Devils!


He's almost got it!

Michael is using Connor to get his balance!

Aiden and Matthew having a super time!
 This weekend, we continued the roller skating fun by attending a Savannah Derby Devil roller derby scrimmage! It was loads of fun! I just love that under the fishnet pantyhose and loads of eye liner, these women are scientists, college students, teachers, waitresses, stay at home mommies! They push their day jobs to the side, and get their crazy skate on under the alias of their alter ego on the weekends! I joked on my Facebook status tonight that I would totally be a roller derby girl if I wasn't such a baby about getting hurt. I can just see myself crying on the sidelines after getting bumped out of the way by some chick named Molly Melicious!  Just like in baseball, I don't think there is any crying allowed in roller derby!

These girls are hard core!

This is my friend Jessie Larson as she was getting introduced!

Jessie getting ready to skate!






No comments: