Saturday, September 17, 2011

Among the Oaks at Bonaventure

Because I talked Steven into going to see the Savannah Derby Devils (post to follow) with me today,  we ended up with a little extra time to spare near Bonaventure Cemetary this afternoon. We did a little drive-by visit to the gravesides of my grandparents and several aunt and uncles that have been laid to rest there. I also took the opportunity to snap a few pictures since we had a little extra time. The cemetary sits on the bluff of the beautiful Wilimington River.  It is particulary gorgeous to visit in the spring when the azaleas are in bloom, however, the moss draped Oak trees that call the area home are simply stunning anytime of year.

I really could have stayed another two hours wandering around with my camera!


 
This is the only picture that I took with the headstones in it. I know it is  little creepy...





I took this from under the tree....love it!



Another shot from under the tree

No comments: