Sunday, March 20, 2011

Things are abloomin' in Richmond Place!

Instead of taking time to smell the flowers, I took a few minutes to take some pictures of the pretty trees that are starting to bloom in our neighborhood. I have been working so much lately that I  have been missing my camera! Does it make me a nerd if I actully miss things like my camera and ipad when I get busy? Anyway, I digress...back to the trees. I did feel a little like the paparazzi snapping pictures of people's blooming trees. I was completely prepared to hand over the SD card if things got ugly! I thought that my many blog visitors (lol....I can dream, can't it?)  would appreciate a break from all the pics of the kids! 

The Susanna Tree! I have no idea what the name of this tree really is, but it is the Susanna tree to me! We used to have one in our yard on Arcadia Drive.  It blooms once year right around Susanna's birthday in late February! The blooms only last for a few weeks, but I just love the color.

Achhoooo....that's right..the Dogwoods are blooming. I think these big beauties are responsible for my itchy runny nose!

Even though it doesn't bloom, I had to include this pic of the Dogwood with the Weeping Willow tree. We had a Weeping Willow tree in my backyard growing up, and it was one of my mom's most favorite things!

My neighbor's little pink bush things!

The little pink bush things in our yard. I love the contrasting greens in this pic!

No comments: