Sunday, July 8, 2012

A Dream Come True!


We just spent a super fun week in a beautiful vacation home in sunny Orlando! Before I post the dozens of pictures of the kiddos splashing in the pool, posing with Mickey, or the whole family sloshing around Epcot in the pouring rain (only after spending $40 on ponchos...shame on you Disney World), I have a HUGE announcement.

As you know Disney is the place to go if you want to feel the magic, and it is the extremely well advertised place where dreams do actually come true! This week a dream of mine came true...my 2 pound black and tan dream dog named Maggie! I have always wanted a Yorkie, but didn't want to take on the challenge until the kids were bigger (like at least in high school), but something about Connor getting potty trained recently made me feel like maybe they were close enough to being "big enough" for me to handle a puppy.

After taunting and teasing Steven with adorable baby Yorkie pictures and Youtube videos of little Yorkies playing with their families, he agreed to take a day of our vacation to go check out two 8 week old little girls at a near by pet store. Of course the kids and I fell in love instantly when we saw them, but I wasn't sure if he was feeling it. I knew it couldn't be because they weren't cute enough, so I was assuming that it had something to do with the price tag hanging on the outside of the cage....basically $350 a pound! We walked out to the car with three sad little faces and no puppy. Steven and I talked a minute, and he decided to go take a second look without the kids. After working some kind of package deal with the sales lady....my very own magical moment happened!

 We were bringing home our very own baby Yorkie! She is just the sweetest thing ever! You know I didn't  waste any time picking her out a few outfits, hair bows, and an absolutely gorgeous hot pink carry bag.  I have even already pinned some homemade puppy treat recipes to try for her! Anyway, I think it's clear that I am going to be totally ridiculous about this dog, but I will try to keep it under control (as much as possible....I mean look at her...she is crazy cute)!
On the way home with his new furry sister! 

Connor says she is "too much" cute!

As big as a banana!

Mags is getting all checked out at the Vet!

Sniffing all around the exam table..she got a clean bill of health!

Love her!


It will be a miracle if she survives this little guy!

No comments: