Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Night To Remember with My BGE Fam!

After a long and emotional last week of work at Button Gwinnett Elementary School, I had the opportunity to spend some time celebrating and remembering some of my most favorite memories with some of my most favorite colleagues.  It was truly such a special night and I feel so blessed that each of them took the time from their busy schedules to spend some time with me.   We laughed, we cried, and then we laughed some more until we cried!  Several times as we were all sitting there together, I found myself looking at all of them at the table and wondering if I will ever work with such amazing people again.  It made me so sad to think that that could be the last moment that I may ever be with all of those people at the same time.  I love each of them so much, and just felt like the luckiest girl in the world that they took the time to celebrate my time with them at BGE. It was a perfect ending to a really wonderful chapter of my life.
(Warning...it is a bit awkward for me that I am in every single picture. Being that I am usually the one behind the camera, it feels strange to post these! I guess it is my one moment to have it all about ME!)
Awwww.....my Beanum and Hoffie. I love these two so much. We had to take this pic like 3 times becasue Beanum kept whispering inappropriate things under his breath! Lol! I am going to miss you both so much!


This is Dr. H presenting me with a placque from the staff. It is gorgeous and I can't wait to put it on my new desk. It says, "Merilee Cox - In appreciation of your many years of loyal service, for giving of yourself, for always going that extra mile, for the fun, the laughter and the support you gave us all. We'll never forget you! Button Gwinnett Elementary School - January 28, 2011" I'll never forget you guys either! Love you!

The pic is a little fuzzy but, yes, you are seeing it correctly.....they busted out with a Vera Laptop Case for me to start my new job with. OMG....they aren't going to be able to tell me anything at this new job when I come sashaying in with my new Vera!

Here we are at the long table!


Me and Campbell...after 7 years, she told me that she was just staring to like me! LMAO!!!

My Mitchell...my Tara....I can't wait to start texting the whole True Blood hour with ya girlie!

CHANNADY!!! I love you both. Go get 'em girls!


Mrs. Williams and I!

Sweet Danielle! She is a newbie to our staff, but one I know will be going big places in her career.

Becky and Patrick...It wasn't a sad goodbye with these two because I will see them every week at Mass!

Shana and Baby Johnny!


Dr. H and Mrs. Arnold....the office gals! I will certainly miss all of laughs and crazy moments in the front office!

Ahh.....these two...I am certinaly going to miss seeing evey day. Tory and Summer were my first two friends at BGE. I love you girls!

No event would be complete without the picture of Tory holding something! Lol!

Tiff and Daughtry...such sweeties! Tiff and I actually went to high school together, but it wasn't until fate landed us together again at BGE that we became such good friends. I will miss all of our converstions about the mother of 3 club!

....and my Steven. He has been such a blessing to me through this whole process. I couldn't have asked for anyone to be more supportive and encouraging as I prepared to make this transition. I love you!

No comments: