Monday, January 16, 2012

On Your Mark, Get Set, Go....

I decided last fall that it was time to check something off of my bucket list! I have wanted to run 5K for as long as I remember, but never could bring myself to actually register for one! I found myself in a pretty regular work out schedule and had even started loosing a few pounds, so now was as good a time as any! I decdied to register with Elizabeth (my good friend from work) for the Savannah Bridge Run. It was such an exhilerating experience to run over the bridge at a 5.5% grade! We had a super great time....and I had found a new hobby!


Just before the race...feeling like such an athlete with my number pinned on!
 


Elizabeth and I just before the start!


Just after the finish....and a super finish at that... 38:30!


Steven brought the kiddos to see the race!

 A few weeks later I ran with Victoria (a friend from my ACS Relay for Life days) in the Reindeer Run 8K (yes, 8K) on Hutchinson Island. I was really nervous about trying this as I had never actually run 5 miles before! She assured me it would be fine, and it was! I finished in 63 minutes, but running the entire thing was what I was most proud of!



Just after the finish (hence my red face!). Victoria won the costume contest by dressing up and running the entire race as a cup of hot chocolate! Crazy girl!

 So I am planning three more races before my ultimate goal for 2012....to run the Rock-N-Roll half marathon in Savannah this November! Yes, 13.1 miles!! I am hoping that I can keep Elizabeth motivated to race with me. It is so nice to have someone to look forward to the race with and to celebrate at the finsih line!

I am running the 10K in this race! It should be a gorgeous run through downtown Savannah!

I am so excited about this 8K. It is a twilight run begining at 5 pm and followed by an oyster roast!

This is my third race ....a 5K on the beach followed by the relase of baby sea turtles to the ocean! It doesn't get much better than that!


Drum roll please.....1/2 marathon November 3, 2012!
So I am NOT one of those people who clog up my Facebook page with daily updates of my caloric intake and work out schedule, but I thought that the 40 pound weight loss mark might be something that I mention on my own blog. This next picture is probably totally inappropriate and too much information...but, after all,  this is my blog...and I can post what I want to! I just had a total Leslie Gore - "It's My Party and I'll Cry If I Want To" moment! :)
That is what running a couple hundred miles will do for you!

No comments: