Sunday, July 8, 2012

Connor's Mickey Mouse 3rd Birthday

I just realized that I never posted any pictures of Connor's Mickey Mouse party. I don't think I have ever been more excited to hear the words "Mickey Mouse" as I was when I asked Connor the annual question that I ask each child before their big day...."What kind of party do you want?" I didn't even ask him again later to confirm because I didn't want him to have changed his mind. Mickey Mouse is what he said and Mickey Mouse is what I was about to deliver! I have successfully pulled off Sponge Bob, Strawberrry Shortcake, dinosaurs, art, baseball, bowling, and even a fiesta, but no one had yet to request the little guy with the big ears until now!

I have to admit that his birthday landed at a particularly stressful time for me at work, but I was determined not to let that be an excuse to slight him on this special day...and on my opportunity to go completely overboard with all of he adorable Mickey Mouse themed party ideas I found on Pinterest! I mean, after all, will he really care that I survived on like 3 hours of sleep a night for about 10 days before the party? He won't care, and honestly, neither will I! It was so worth it to see his little face get so excited about all of the decorations and snacks!

My BFF Summer...so glad that she (and her kiddos of course) were in town for the party!
Pin the Ears On Mickey Mouse - Before

Hot Diggity Dogs


Mickey Mouse Chocolate Covered Oreos
Figaro's Fruit Kabobs

I LOVED his cake! I wish I could take credit for decorating it, but i know my limits!
Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods

Mickey Mouse Cake Pop Display....those cake pops took F-O-R-E-V-E-R to make, but they were the hit of the party!

Daisy's Deviled Eggs
All my hard work....Ahhhhh....and the crowd goes wild! :)
The birthday boy sipping his juice box
My dad and I
I love this pic of Connor sneaking more black olives off of the tray! 
Add caption
My sweet boy giving his friend's a hug after he opens his gifts!
Marshmellow Sticks...made at approximately 2 am the night before the party

I love this picture...he had such a fun time!
Pin the Tail On Mickey Mouse - After




1 comment:

mackyton said...

Connor's Mickey Mouse 3rd Birthday looks so grand. The colorful décor is mind blowing. I get amazing satisfaction when I see happiness on kids’ faces. At some local Chicago event venues we would also be hosting a grand party for our son and hoping that he and his friends would also enjoy the day.